Hey, I am Junaid
Computers and Math have fascinated me since I was a little kid. I started programming when I was 13 and eventually became extremely curious and passionate about computing. Most of my experience has been with full stack web technologies with a little bit of machine learning and deep learning. You can have a look at most of my work on my github.
I read a lot, mostly about psychology, society, tech, design and economics. I use Obsidian to make notes (yes I am obsessed with it). I love to learn new things and create something cool.
Skills and Interests
- Frameworks: React, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Flask, Echo, NodeJS, Typescript
- Other: Git, Linux, SQL, CI/CD, Docker, MS Azure, AWS, Firebase, Latex
My prime interest lies in the intersection of systems engineering and machine learning. I really enjoy learning about system architecture and deploying ML/DL models at scale.
Here are some of the key projects I have worked on in the past few months
- Developed the internal URL redirect service, handling over 1k redirects at peak load. Improved latency and throughput using hashmaps, caching and multi-threading
- Semen analysis is an integral part of Invitro Fertilization also known as IVF. We trained a spatial temporal 3D convolutional neural network to predict sperm motility from videos along with other tabular data.
- Runner Up, Innerve Data Hackathon, 2020 Organised by IGDTUW
- An Experimental OS written entirely from scratch.
- It supports a basic shell with some commands including a command line calculator. You can boot it up in virtual box.
- Developed an end to end AI powered pothole reporting system. Photos of potholes clicked by citizens are classified by CNN’s (VGG-16) to determine validity and severity.
- Submitted for Smart India Hackathon, 2020.
Most of my other projects are open sourced under the MIT license and available on my github
Just some of the videos I put out, most of them are tutorials or sessions I conduct online for DSC KIIT.
- Session 2 : Building Video Chat Apps using WebRTC and Golang
- Building our Internal URL Redirect Service - Divert | Dev Vlog
- Learn C - The fun way